Italy has a nice, relaxing feel... as long as you avoid the tourists. I recommend going either in the off season or to less traveled areas since that will give a better authentic experience. Definitely try the food as much as possible. Even if you have to wait an hour after ordering, it will be absolutely worth it. And make sure to go to Sicily if you get the chance. It has a much more of a genuine feel than the mainland and everyone there seems incredibly friendly and welcoming. Just be prepared to move slowly.
- Italian food is much better than Italian-American food
- As expected, Rome is loaded with historical sites
- Milan and Rome have too many tourists in the summer
- The beaches are so refreshing
- Sicily has some of the best landscapes in the world
- It gets hot in the summer
- Gelato actually is better here